Sunday, February 6, 2011

Batam Trip



























The photos are not in sequence.
Photos help us to remember our memories and my heart always remember this kelong which that brought me so much joy:)
This is the coolest star nature trail for me and probably a love confession:(
4th Feb 2011
My paternal cousins, maternal cousins and cousins of cousins and cousins and church friends went to Batam together on the 4th of February. We had really great fun there. What we did first was to leave on the ferry from Singapore Tannah Merah Terminal to Indonesia Batam Jetty. Once I reached the jetty I was so shocked and amazed. At the Indonesian immigrations, i saw one of my SJI friends who I had a dispute last year. It was only when I dared to say hi to him did he look back and give me a fake smile. I tried to find him after reaching the checkpoint but I could not reach him. It was then that I followed everyone to Batam Tekong. I went to get a map of Batam and tried to look but sadly the counter person there was none left and she gave me a vague map of Batam. Looking disappointed, I went back. It was so cool. We took 2 mini buses there. The Indonesians were very funny humans. They told us how many more minutes to the destination and after many times of asking it will always be the same answer because the paths and roadwalks are straight and not crowded. When we finally reached a shore (area where Indonesians were living at and slaughtering fish with a shophouse), I saw cute children walking around. It has always been a pleasure to see people walking around. My cousins were playing frisbee with church friend. When the frisbee dropped to the beach, it was too late and such a waste that we were rushing for time and lost yet one of the fastest and furthest frisbee.When we finally reach the tekong( wooden board stilts with nails hammered on all sides), we were really glad. We came in 2 boats. We were so happy we reached shore. Upon dropping of luggage at rooms, we went around to choose our rooms. Sadly I got the room I did not want but I decided to stick with it. The sad thing comes when nosebleeds of 2 came. It was a killer. I din had 2 in one day. It felt so miserable. I lived on with it. Sadly I got pushed down into the water while we were having some fun, It was tough trying to overcome the pressure of the force of the waves as I had no strength at all. All I could do was trust people around me. In the end , the meals that I took was painful as I took extremely long time eating and had to put in effort just to eat sometimes. I managed only half hour rest catching up with people I haven't met for months.

Day 5 5th February 2011
The kelong we were in was the literally the best. Who could have thought we did anything there? We could lie down there for hours and hear conversations yet not get tired. We could lie down around anywhere and listen to the fun. The best thing was we could do anything there. By human nature, we would definitely talk and talk about anything under the sun. For me it was a healing process, None of the words mattered to me. Whatever I did in my life was totally ignored and rejected and just left to relax. After that, we had dinner and it was then it all started happening. Things started to be so messy that it was simply the best it could be. The indonesians at the kelong were the best people on earth. Who could have thought they would help us row out to the sea to buy it for us. haha. I love indonesian life so carefree- no stress. Then it all started happening. At night some of us started to feel too bored that we got to watch a movie or smthing. The finale was dinner with movie of Shaolin and BBQ food. Standard finale meals for Indonesian Island getaways. Then I was just eating. I felt so pain I decided to leave the meal area to go to the wooden stilt areas to have some fun. It was so hard to actually suffer. I started to rope in my church friends and cousins who were christians and we started jamming christian songs( Playing with a lot). It was how tough at the beginning. There were so many people around and the movie sound effects were noisy. It was not only hard for me but since I felt like dying. i went there. I was at first paranoid about taking beer and alcohols to relax. i say if I do that I will die faster because alcohol damages the liver. However it can only happen because there are many people around just drinking yet I don't even have any to venge my suffering on so I decided to take a sip. I chose beer in the end. Only option haha:) I went back took a sip and went to where the Indonesians were taking. I simply just took a mug of carlsberg and walked around not knowing what to do. Life has never been so miserable. I decided to go to one spot with one Indonesian pastor who has been helping me with the fishing. We started talking and we started playing the guitar. There were many comments said about me. I just ignored it and rested in God's pressence. Just then, some people on the other side decided to have some fun since it's chinese new year(glad they can cheer me up), they went to get the indonesian sparklers and firecrackers on motorboat with indonesians:) So cool man. Finally it started we were playing fire crackers around then suddenly one guy threw it up and suddenly one of the generators spoil. I stood at one corner hoping to see people stop. Ocassional stops of playing fire crackers were heard on the rectangular wooden stilts but in the end everyone continued on. Finally something happened. it was instant. The electrical energy was out and electrical supply was down. Yeah the generator failed. I can finally see the stars and remember all the people who I have talked in life. There was this one girl i literally liked but I have never taken up the courage to tell her. It makes it harder when other people keep asking it. It brings the pressure there:( Finally eventually, it all happen. Looking at the stars and remembering everyone who benefitted me in my life, I said at the end. i could not believe I was looking at some symbol or some linear pattern while it was out. Sadly I got nose bleed and people had to get me tissue paper in the dark:(. It was so sad and it's like what happened in titanic. Many people looked at the stars and some walk away. For me, I decided I was better after losing the tissue papers so I decided to leave the place. It was tough. I smsed some people. Sadly I couldn't talk to much people then but the people I smsed and tried calling were mostly girls during those periods whom I had known. It seemed it din happen because they were busy doing something. Deciding for once to stop being a busy body, I decided to rest 1 place and relax with whatever position I wanted to be in. Finally it all happen. I was bored so I started talking to Indonesians there. I had the pastor as the translator and me and the cousins managed our conversations with them. It was so cool how Indonesia was so free and carefree yet the moral levels of Indonesians are incredibly selfish. In the end, one of the Indonesian girls said I was handsome and I had to pee so I had one Indonesian girl holding the torchlight to show me where it is. I keep refusing avoiding the topic. We started talking about it. Coolest thing was that the generator failed because all the chemical engineers are here. Hurray! We needed someone who can actually fix the generator is a mechanic from Singapore who stays in Pasir Ris near Loyang West who help out. After 1-2 hours (about, cannot be too sure), the power came back to life. It all came back only after that but I have fallen asleep already:( Up till this day, I am still unsure if something should be done about it.
Maybe praying helps. I love this trip. It has been one of total realaxation. I have never felt so relax before in my life.

2 comments:

  1. That’s good that you relaxed! We were determined to have a laid-back trip and saw all the sights at our own pace and generally just lolled around our wonderful Batam hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I see. Haha glad that you guys had fun too:)
    Haha

    ReplyDelete